Sunday, October 5, 2008

St Louis Arch


We are going to take a trip back in time... In July, I was able to go and visit my family in St. Louis, MO and than we went to Arkansas. Brent had to work, so I went by myself. I thought I would start putting pictures on here from that trip. So to start with, I am going to put up a few of the pictures we took while at the St. Louis Arch. I went with my sister Asha and her husband Grant. We were going to go on Friday and showed up there but the lines were WAY too long for us to get through before we had to be at the temple for an endowment session. So, we decided to come back after my cousin Emily's wedding, the next day. 


Asha and Grant in front of the Arch.  


Asha and I in front of the arch. Aren't we so cute!!


From the side, it kinda looks like the Washington Monument, only taller!

We also went up to the top of the Arch.  Here are a few pictures of that! 




This is the tiny cart that you go to the top in.  Yes, it is smaller than it looks.  It holds five people and it is only about three feet tall or so.  You have to be careful cause you hit your head if you aren't!  
Here is Asha and Grant at the top.  Sorry it is a little blurry.  The arch slightly sways when it is windy when you are at the top.  It isn't really noticeable at all.  


Asha and I at the top of the arch, and yes we are really 630 feet high!!! Here is a slide show of some of the pictures I took from the top of the arch!  


No comments: