Sunday, June 28, 2009

My latest projects!

So I have been promising to update my blog but just haven't taken the time to do it. I thought I would start with the most requested subject...the projects I have been working on. I still need to finish some but here you go! (Sorry they loaded in backwards order. The first pic is the last project I am working on.)

The first two pictures below are my first attempt at making a purse. I am not quite finished yet but I am still trying to figure what else I want to do. It isn't perfect but I learned a lot from making it and learned things that I would do differently.



The next picture shows some the letters I have been making. I got the idea from Make It and Love It, but instead of making them bean bags, I am making them stuffed so they aren't as heavy. I am going to make a few more sets so that I can give them to my class and they can spell words with them. They don't take long to make and mine aren't perfect but good enough!


The next several pictures are tutus that I made. My friend Ashley and I made a bunch one day. They are fun and easy to make! I think I want to add more ribbon and stuff to several of them. All of these are different sizes as well, even though you can't tell from the pictures.






Below is the picture of my first project. While I was student teaching, my cooperating teacher used "Mr. Spacemen" for the students to help them space their words correctly. I decided that I really like the idea and so I made enough for my classes plus some for classroom use. I think they are super cute. I will have the students color theirs' with crayons (not markers because that will rub off as they use them.)


So that is all I have for now! I will post more as I get them. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Geez, Angela! You've been busy! I love all of your cute projects! I love the letters, did you have a pattern? I want to make a set for my boys.

Tasha said...

ang you are so talented!!! I want a cute purse like that! =) and love the tutus maybe i will have a girl next and you can surprise me with one! sure miss you!!!

Aaron and Steph said...

Wow Ang, you are so creative and crafty! Where do you get these great ideas?! Sounds like you guys are liking Hartford.. Miami's been pretty rainy lately too, which gets really annoying!