Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Girl's Camp Summer 2012

So I just recently got released as the 2nd counselor in the YW's presidency.  I enjoyed my time in that calling and I do miss the girls.  I am now the Special Needs Primary Worker for our ward.  This is a great calling as well.

When I was in YWs I was able to attend a couple days of Girls Camp.  It was so fun!  I wish I had been able to attend more of it.  I got to spend time with the 2nd year girls.  This was great because I was over the Beehives.  We did not have a swimming pool for the girls and they DON'T go swimming in lakes or rivers (alligators you know).  I thought, "how are these girls going to survive?"  It was so hot!  Well they get this awesome slip and slide!  I even went down it several times.  It is steeper than it appears in the picture.




You could go down with a tube or without.  Let me tell you that if you add soap to your back or the tube, you fly!!!

So as you all know, I am not so great at taking lots of pictures.  The girls were also able to do lots of cool activities.  They learned how to throw tomahawks and knives, do archery (I did this and it was so fun!! I felt like I was in Brave), canoeing, and many other fun things.  The last night there was also a great spiritual experience for the girls when they were able to do an interactive activity where they got to learn more about the Tree of Life dream in Nephi.  It had a great impact on ALL involved.

No comments: