Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Rope Swing!

I can't believe this is my fourth post today!! I am doing better!!! Today my wonderful friends Cam and Emily took me to the rope swing. It is located just outside of Mona, Utah (If you don't know where that is, don't worry, I didn't either - It is just south of Nephi). It was a beautiful day and perfect for getting wet! Here are some pics of our adventure. (sorry there are no pics of Emily we will have to get some next time we go!)

This first pic shows the two platforms that most people swing from. You can also swing from the ladders up to the platforms or other branches. We think the short platform is about 9 or 10 feet from the water surface. As you can see it is a little higher than the gentleman standing below it, but the water is at least one or two feet lower than that because the tree is on a hill. The other platform is about 15 or 20 feet from the water's surface.


This is me swinging on the rope over the water. There is a method to doing this. You step off and lift your feet NOT jump. Trust me. I know. It is way easier to hold on!


This is Cam jumping off the really high one. Emily and I were not brave enough to attempt this yet but Cam was!



We had a lot of fun and next time we will bring an actual camera and have it the whole time. It is a wonderful place to have fun!!

2 comments:

Blake and Laura said...

We know where Mona is because we have been to that exact rope swing. Looks like you had fun.

Angela said...

It was way fun! It is even better because it is FREE! I am planning on going back when Brent gets back. how have you guys been?