Thursday, April 9, 2009

Crayon Rolls

Hello All!  These are the first things I sewed on my new sewing machine!  I modified the directions given on the Make it and Love it website to make the crayon rolls.  The larger one is probably going to be used to hold all my crochet hooks so I don't loose them!  Sorry the pics aren't the best but I downloaded them from my iPhone.  Enjoy!  Sorry the pics are sideways but that's what I got!

The first pic shows all three.  The third one is rolled up at the bottom.  

This next pic is the rolled up one open.  It shows what it will look like with crayons in it.  



These were a lot of fun to make!  They didn't take much time either so that was good! I used the "fat quarters" (as my sister calls them :)) for quilters.  To make the crayon rolls, I cut the material in half length wise (so it is still 21 inches long) for the outside and for the pocket I cut the half in half again (or a quarter of the "fat quarter"). Does that make sense? Anyways, that is how I got my sizes for my cloth, but after that I followed the directions on the Make it and Love it blog.  Let me know if you have any questions.   

2 comments:

Angie O said...

I love your project, too! I want to make that sometime. What's your e-mail? I can send you the patterns for what I made by e-mail.

Angela said...

my e-mail is angelamearl@yahoo.com! I would love the patterns!!! I am going to try and post everything I make!