Thursday, April 9, 2009

NO More School!!

As most of you know, last night was my very last day of school!  That is unless I go back for a masters or doctorate but that will be by choice when I am ready!  It is so nice to be done with my undergraduate.  For those of you thinking you want to take time off before finishing, I suggest REALLY thinking it through because it is REALLY hard to go back!  I took a total of two years off and transferred universities.  I am glad I did though.  

So you might be wondering what I will be doing until graduation on May 1st.... Well pretty much whatever I want.   I am applying for teaching jobs in Alpine school district and just waiting to see if I get called in for any interviews.  Hopefully I will get a job before leaving for the summer.  I know, everyone keeps telling me I am a great teacher and will for sure get a job, but the school districts aren't really hiring this year.  Alpine is hiring less than a third of what they normally do, and as of right now Provo isn't hiring so that makes the jobs few and far between for the number of students graduating.  At least I am confident that I am prepared and qualified!  I want to teach Kindergarten and first would be okay but I will teach any grade that I can get!  It is not a time to be too picky!  

Until I get called in for an interview, I am going to start by cleaning and organizing the house.  I haven't had time to do this very well since moving in so this is going to be good!  I am excited to get started!  I am also trying to go through a lot of my stuff and get rid of everything that I am not using or won't be using.  

After that, I get to start on some projects!!!! Yay!!! Brent bought me this awesome sewing machine and I have already started using it, but have decided that I need to get the house clean and organized before starting anything else.  I am also hoping to update the blog with LOTS of pictures but most of the new pics are on Brent's laptop and he has school until the end of April so that might not happen until the summer!  We will see.  If I get a teaching placement soon, I will start working on things that I can use in the classroom.  I will try and blog everything I make!  

Well this update is longer than I first thought it would be!!! I will end here, but hopefully will be back MUCH sooner this time!  

P.S. if you look down at the very end of my blog lists, there are two craft sites that have some pretty awesome projects.  They are Skip to My Lou and Make it and Love it!  

No comments: