Sunday, October 6, 2013

Conference notebook

In YWs this past Wednesday, we had the girls make conference notebooks to use this weekend for General Comference. One of the leaders daughters has making them for years and the other one found the idea for the tabs online. We had the girls take pictures and sayings from old church magazines and the such and glue them to the outside of a composition notebook. Afterwards, they glued laminated tabs to the pages. The tabs have the picture and name of the First Presidency and the 12 Apostles. This makes it easy to find notes on their specific talks. The girls were then able to mod podge over it to protect the covers. These are pictures of the one I made. I have not mod podged mine yet. 
 
This is my front cover. 
This is my back cover. 
This is what the tabs look like glued to the page. The picture is glued to the paper so the name sticks out. We did black and white pictures because it was cheaper. 

I used it yesterday for the Saturday sessions. I love how organized it is. For talks given by other speakers, there are pages leftover in the back. I put four pages between the First Presidency tabs and two between the others. 

It was way easy to make and a lot fun! 


No comments: