Sunday, October 6, 2013

Who Am I?

This is another project we do at the beginning of the year. Each teacher does it a little different and it looks cool to see all the different styles. We have the student make themselves. I give them a pattern for everything but the head. Last year they drew their heads and colored them. This year I let them watercolor. They turned out way better then I thought they would! Also, the students pick their color for their skin. They decide which one they think is closest and that's the one I give them! After they are done, I ask them three questions and that is what becomes their Who Am I? bubble. The little envelopes have their name in them. They are out in the hallway for when their parents come for open house. The kids think it's cool to have their parents guess which one is them. Here are this years : 
And a close up

I hang them up so that they are holding hands but not all teachers do. Some make it a guessing game while others put the name meanings with them. One teacher even had their students make themselves superheroes. They look really neat. 

I don't have last year's on my phone but I might try adding it later. 

No comments: